Know your configuration files
- In schema.xml, make sure the fields matches those you've defined in your application.
- The config files are case sensitive! Make sure you spell copyField, multiValued etc correctly.
- If you don't need elevation and have problems with configuration, try turning off the elevate.xml handler by uncommenting the appropriate lines in solrconfig.xml.
Improve performance by customizing solrconfig.xml
- mergeFactor decides what size your index segments should have, thus either improving indexing or searching.
- ramBufferSizeMB sets the amount of RAM available for Solr, before documents are flushed.
- autoWarmCount may be used to pre-populate data from the search index.
Use an absolutely unique key
<fieldType name="uuid" class="solr.UUIDField" indexed="true" />
Also add a field of the UUID type:
<field name="uid" type="uuid" indexed="true" stored="true"
Finally, point out the field as the unique key: